pastor Rob will begin hosting a "book club." Here's how it will work:
- Each week participants will read two chapters
in the assigned book.
- After worship service on Sundays we will meet for lunch and a lively discussion about what we read the week before.
- The book has 24 short chapters, so the participants will meet for 12 weeks, ending on April 16th.
- The book we will read is "In His Steps" by Charles Sheldon "In His Steps" is a novel published in 1896. It is the publication to that coined the question, "what would Jesus do?" Although it is set in the19th century, it grapples with ideas and challenges not unlike what we struggle with today. Our goal in reading this book together is to reflect on the unfolding story Sheldon tells in his novel and apply it to the unfolding story we are living in today.
- If you would like to participate, just sign the sheet in the Narthex. We will order copies of the book for all the participants and have them available on January 22nd. The last day to sign up will be January 18th.
- You also have the option of signing up to provide one meal during the 12 week period. A simple soup and sand- wich or salad meal will be fine. Pastor Rob and Cindy will provide the first meal.
HELP IS NEEDED!!
CAN YOU HELP?
We need individuals or
couples to help once a month with communion. We are starting intinction and are in need of people to serve! If you can help please sign up in the
24 HOURS OF PRAYER...
Please sign up in the narthex if you are able to help read for 24 hours from 12 am on Maundy Thursday to 12 am on Good Friday.
You can sign up for as little or as much time as you wish and putting your name in is optional.
PLEASE PLACE YOUR NON-PERISHABLE DONATIONS IN THE MARKED BOXES IN THE NARTHEX AND MONETARY DONATIONS IN THE OFFERING PLATE MADE TO ST. PAUL'S REFORMED CHURCH AND MARKED MARCH MADNESS AND YOUR TEAM NAME
* April 2- Palm Sunday
* April 5- Feast of Passover
* April 6- Maundy Thursday
* April 6- Maundy Thursday Service, 6 PM
* April 7- Good Friday
* April 7- Good Friday Service, 6 PM
* Easter/Resurrection Sunday
* April 9- Sunrise Service 7 AM at St. Paul Memial Park
* April 9- Breakfast at St. Paul Lutheran Church after Sunrise Service
* April 9- 10 AM Easter/Resurrection Sunday Service at St. Paul's Reformed Church
Join us for Sunday School,
Classes for all ages,