SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19
· FALL FESTIVAL, AT ST. PAUL'S REFORMED CHURCH--5-7 PM.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20
· Blessing of the Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.
· List of Deacons and Elders and proposed budget distributed for a vote in 2 weeks.
· Community Thanksgiving Service, 5 PM with St. Paul Lutheran. Light refreshments will be served afterwards. Please join us as we come together as a community.
· Deadline for Newsletter Articles.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23
· No Bible Study.
· Youth, 6:30 PM.
· No Choir.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24
· Thanksgiving Day
· Church Office Closed
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25
· Church Office Closed
· Last Day to order Poinsettias in honor and memory of. (You may call and leave message at church 828-465-0931 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26
· Decorating the church for Christmas, hanging of the greens, 9 AM.
NEXT SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
· First Sunday of Advent
· Lighting of the First Advent Candle-Hope.
EVENTS AND NOTES:
· December 11, Congregational Meeting. We will be voting on new Consistory Members, who have agreed to begin serving on January 1, 2023. Elders: Cristy Detter, Bob Jarrett, Bob Stiles; Deacons: Dennis Leonard, Gina Lutz, Daniel Shugart. Please be sure to pick up a copy of the proposed budget for 2023 that will also be voted on during this meeting.
· Please help us shower Tyler and Jared Kiziah with gift cards or a gift, if you prefer, for their baby girl due in January. They are registered at Amazon and Target. There is a box in the narthex for the cards. Let's show them our love!
· Winter Clothes Needed!!The Sherrills Ford Clothes Closet at Hopewell Church is in desperate need of new/good condition and clean winter clothing for ALL ages, but ESPECIALLY for CHILDREN-- CLOTHES and SHOES and BLANKETS--If you are able to contribute any sizes of warm clothing, please place items in the cart in the narthex. It will be appreciated so much. Thank you!
· Please pray for our missionaries, Jon and Garima Rider. Jon and Garima are with WYAM (Youth With A Mission) in India.
· A HUGE THANK YOU to all who helped with the blood drive!! We were over our goal with 20 pints of blood. Thank you to all who brought food! It was greatly appreciated!!! Leftovers were used the next day during OCC shoebox packing!